p1 - p2 -
A Dual Beam Balance
This is a dual beam balance I designed and built for weighing my
little parts. Its constructed of balsa and other parts you can get at the hobby shop
or the local hardware store.
- resolution: 1 mg
- maximum capacity without extra weights : 2.1 grams
- adjustable counterbalance
- magnetic damping
- beam lock
Some notes on the design:
- "Reference" weights are made of brass, calculated from the density:
0.0085539 gms / cubic mm.
- The scales were created in a drawing program on my computer, then printed on
clear label material
- The balance "edge" was created out of 1/32 music wire, ground to a
sharp edge with a moto tool.
I'll get more on later (pictures and design details...)